Extensive Kitchen Remodel Tips and Advice
If you are planning an extensive remodel for your kitchen, one that holds nothing back, you have a lot of choices ahead of you. Creating your dream kitchen is no easy feat. Everything inside your kitchen has to mesh with together – otherwise, you wind up with a disconnected atmosphere. Here are some tips for planning your one-of-a-kind remodel:
- Create custom cabinets for your kitchen. Custom cabinets will ensure that your kitchen is unlike any other kitchen. Finding custom cabinets in San Diego, CA is as easy as contacting Pacific Kitchens.
- Make sure your flooring complements your custom cabinets. Your cabinets are a focal piece inside your kitchen. Everything around your kitchen should enhance and flow with the cabinetry. Contact a design professional if you have questions or concerns about which flooring best enhances your cabinetry.
- When selecting your appliances, make sure they also mesh with the rest of your kitchen’s design. You do not want to invest all of your money into cabinetry and flooring, only to be forced to buy cheaper appliances – it will ruin the look and feel of your kitchen.
- Be creative with your kitchen design. Use your imagination and add details that express your personal style. This is your kitchen – make it yours through design features.
For more design tips or help with your kitchen’s design plan, contact the professionals here at Pacific Kitchens. We have been designing and remodeling kitchens in San Diego for years – and we have plenty of satisfied customers to back up our claims of quality and beautiful results.
Create a Selling Kitchen with Cabinet Refacing
Remodeling your kitchen is one of the best ways to add value to your home. The kitchen is probably the biggest selling point of any home. Potential buyers are looking for kitchens that have open floor plans, plenty of storage space, and a user-friendly layout. If you are planning to sell your home in the future, a kitchen remodel may be necessary to ensure that you get the price you want. However, kitchen remodels can be quite expensive, so it is important to find ways to save money on your remodel.
One of the easiest ways to save money on a kitchen remodel is by having the cabinets refaced. As long as your kitchen cabinets are in good condition, you can give them an entirely new look by having them refaced. Kitchen cabinet refacing in San Diego is easy, when you come to Pacific Kitchens. We have been refacing cabinets and remodeling kitchens for years, and we have plenty of satisfied customers to back up our claims of quality and customer satisfaction.
Our cabinet refacing process is fast, easy, and affordable. Instead of spending thousands of dollars on brand-new cabinets, you can spend a fraction of that on refacing. The end result is the same – beautiful cabinets that complete your kitchen remodel. Not only can we help you with your kitchen cabinets, we can help you with your entire kitchen remodel. If you would like to learn more about how our cabinet refacing process works, or if you would like to schedule an evaluation of your kitchen cabinets for refacing, contact us today.
Planning an affordable kitchen remodel may sound like an impossible dream. Kitchens are huge selling points in any home, so you probably expect to spend huge amounts of money on a remodel. It is possible to plan an affordable remodel – you just have to use your good sense and a little creativity.
As you plan your affordable kitchen remodel, one of the most important aspects you do not want to skimp on is the cabinetry. The kitchen cabinets are one of the first things people see when they enter your kitchen. They expect to see beautiful cabinets – and lots of them. Any potential buyer will tell you that they want a kitchen with plenty of gorgeous storage space. So, when planning your remodel, you may be tempted to spend thousands of dollars on brand-new cabinets – after all, you want your home to sell, right? The truth is that you can still create a beautiful kitchen without spending all that money on cabinetry. Just have your existing cabinets refaced for the same result.
Refacing kitchen cabinets in San Diego, CA is easy. All you need to do is contact Pacific Kitchens. Our refacing process creates gorgeous cabinets that look as if they just rolled off the showroom floor – only they are actually your old cabinets with new exteriors and hardware. You will be amazed at how fantastic your cabinets look once they are refaced – and you will be amazed by the money you save on your remodel. Contact us today to learn more and schedule your cabinets to be refaced – it only takes about one week for the entire process!
The most important decision you will make before you start a kitchen remodel is choosing the contractor. Your contractor is going to be one person with whom you develop a strong working relationship. When something goes wrong, you will call the contractor. When you want to add something or take something away, you will call the contractor. It is important that you choose your contractor with care, because you will most certainly be seeing him and hearing from him a lot during the remodel.
Look for a contractor that specializes in kitchen remodeling in San Diego. You want someone who is familiar with the area, someone who knows what is “in” and what is “out.” Look for a contractor who has a solid reputation for satisfying customers. The internet is a great resource for finding out what people think about a contractor. You can also get opinions from friends and family members. You want a contractor who puts the needs of the customer first, so do your research.
Choose a contractor who provides you with a fair estimate. That is why you must seek estimates from more than one contractor, so you can compare them. You do not want a contractor who is going to overcharge you for simple things. Pay attention to the estimates given and find out the contractor’s policy on honoring estimates. Pacific Kitchens is a leader in remodeling kitchens in the San Diego area. We have years of experience, and hundreds of happy customers to prove our prowess. Contact us today to learn more about how we can take care of your kitchen remodel.
More Kitchen Remodeling Tips from Pacific Kitchens
As you get started on your kitchen remodel in San Diego, there are many elements you must address. Pacific Kitchens is here to help you get your remodel in gear, with some handy tips to remember!
Make sure the kitchen of your dreams is not just that – a dream. You have to ensure that any architectural changes you want to make are actually capable of being made. Changes to the existing structure could compromise the structure, so enlist in the help of a professional when mapping out the floor plan of your new kitchen.
- Design is important. No, it is not everything, but this is the kitchen of your dreams, so you do want it to look good. You may think that you have an eye for design – but it is always a good idea to get the opinion of a professional to ensure that your kitchen’s design ebbs and flows in a complementary manner.
- The sky does not have to be the limit. Just because you have a large budget, does not mean that you should not look for ways to save money. If you can save money in one area of your kitchen, such as the appliances or flooring, you can use that money in another area. You can find bargains without sacrificing design.
For more tips on kitchen remodels, and to find out how we can help you save some money, contact one of our experts today. We are here to help you make the kitchen of your dreams a reality!
As you journey down the path of a kitchen remodel, you already have some grand ideas about the design of your kitchen. However, just because you can dream, it does not necessarily mean that you should achieve it. The design of your kitchen requires careful thought and effort – after all, you have to live with your new kitchen, and you want it to be perfect. Here are some design tips to help ensure that your kitchen is a dream come true.
- Be smart when it comes to your cabinets. You want to make sure that your kitchen has plenty of storage space, yet you do not want to overdo it. Instead of cramming each available wall full of cabinets, leave some free space for other items or décor. On the walls that do have cabinets, do not be afraid to hang cabinets all the way to the ceiling. Not only will it be visually appealing — you will not have to worry about dusting the tops.
- Be unique in your design. This is your kitchen – there is no need for total neutrality in the design. Let your style shine through in your choice of countertops, flooring and custom cabinetry. Kitchen cabinet refacing in San Diego is an easy way to save money on your remodel, while still acquiring custom cabinets.
- Make the most of small and large spaces. If your kitchen is small, be creative. Add a mobile island to provide needed workspace. Bright colors on the walls will also help create a feeling of space. If your kitchen is large, do not feel compelled to pack it full. Less is more – avoid an overly busy kitchen, by keeping your décor sleek and modern.
Save Money on a DIY Kitchen Remodel
Remodeling a kitchen on your own may sound like an impossible challenge, but it is a feasible task. More and more homeowners are taking the DIY approach to kitchen remodels, simply because the cost of a full-scale remodel can be so expensive. By doing some basic remodeling on your own, you will not have to use a contractor for every aspect, and you can save a significant amount of money. Here are some tips to help you on your DIY kitchen remodel.
- Instead of buying new cabinets, have your current cabinets refaced. New exteriors and hardware will give your cabinets the look and feel of being brand-new, without the high price tag.
- When you shop for new appliances, shop smart. You can often get display models for a reduced price, as well as those appliances that have scratches or dents. As long as the damage is only on the surface, and does not affect the operation of the appliance, you can save a lot of money.
- When you shop for countertops, pay a visit to the slab supplier, instead of visiting a retailer. You can provide your specifications to the slab supplier and eliminate the extra cost of having a retailer acquire your countertops for you.
- For those kitchens in San Diego that require a contractor’s help, choose your contractor with care. Make sure the contractor you choose has a solid reputation, and references to verify his/her quality and service. Get an estimate in writing and make sure the contractor honors the estimate.
Before you go full force into a kitchen remodel, with all the bells and whistles, consider taking a more modern route. Sure, you want your kitchen to look beautiful. You want it to be the envy of all your friends and neighbors. You want it to have every available form of luxury and convenience. However, all of these upgrades come with a price – and you may not be able to afford everything you want. Fortunately, more and more homeowners are turning to a more modern, sleek style in their kitchens. They are forgoing the elaborate and the expensive, for a more laid-back, clean-lined style.
Instead of spending thousands of dollars on elaborate cabinets with exquisite details, choose cabinets that are simplistic and modern. The same is true for your flooring. Before you spend hours agonizing over the pattern, consider a simple approach. When it comes to a kitchen, sometimes less really is more, especially in terms of design. Your kitchen does not have to feature the latest gadgets, the most expensive countertops, or the most elaborate kitchen cabinets in San Diego. Simple, clean lines help keep a kitchen from looking too busy, too obnoxious, and too “in your face.”
Here at Pacific Kitchens, we can help you achieve the perfect balance of traditional style with a modern flair. Our design experts will help you choose the perfect patterns, the ideal flooring, the right countertops – every aspect of your kitchen’s design will be addressed to ensure that the finished result is a beautiful, modern kitchen with a warm, welcoming feeling. Contact us today to get started on your modern kitchen.
Helpful Tips to Remember before a Kitchen Remodel
There has never been a better time to remodel your kitchen, especially if you plan to put your home on the market. The real estate market, while not exactly booming, is improving. More and more people are taking the plunge and buying a house. Before you can add your home to the list of available properties, you need to ensure that it is ready to sell. Since kitchens are one of the biggest selling points for any home, a kitchen remodel is the best way to ensure that your home sells fast. Here are some things to keep in mind when planning your remodel:
- Emphasize storage space. Buyers want to know that they will never run out of room in a kitchen. Make your available storage space look beautiful by installing new cabinetry or having your cabinets refaced. Cabinet refacing in San Diego is a quick, easy way to get the look and feel of new – without the cost. You can also add additional space, in the form of an island or a pantry.
- Open up your kitchen. Even if it means knocking out a wall, an open floor plan is always a good idea. No one wants to feel cooped up in the kitchen. Talk to your contractor to find out the best method of opening up your existing kitchen and creating more space.
- Include energy-saving additions, such as new appliances and LED lights. Prospective buyers want to know that a kitchen is going to save them money in the long run. Invest in quality products and emphasize their energy-saving capabilities.
Remodel Your Kitchen for a Huge Selling Point
Preparing your home for the market means paying special attention to the details of certain rooms. Some of the biggest selling points for any home include the kitchen, bathroom and master suite. The kitchen is probably the most important room of a home, so, before you put your house on the market, make sure your kitchen is ready to “wow” potential buyers. A kitchen remodel in San Diego may not seem like a task you want to undertake, right now – but that is why Pacific Kitchens is here: to help make your remodel fast and easy.
Pacific Kitchens is a trusted company in the world of kitchen remodeling. We have thousands of satisfied customers to verify their satisfaction. The reason why we are one of the leaders in San Diego remodels is because we put customer service and quality first. Not only will we assist you in planning out the details of your remodel; we will also help you find ways to save money. Our kitchen cabinet refacing process is one of the easiest ways to save a significant amount of money and still have beautiful results. There is simply no reason why your home’s kitchen cannot be its biggest selling point – and our experts are here to ensure that this happens. From the overall design, to the finest detail, we will help you create a kitchen that is sure to please any possible buyer, no matter how eclectic their tastes are. Contact us today to look at some of our finished projects and see for yourself why Pacific Kitchens is the answer to your remodeling needs.