Last year, minimalism made a major comeback in the world of home design. This year, the trend continues as interior designers embrace airy spaces devoid of clutter, with a focus on form over function. In 2015, simple design is best for every room of the house, from kitchens to living rooms. Seek color palettes in muted earth tones, and source retro-inspired pieces to follow this year’s top design trends.
Gone are the days of cluttered kitchens stacked with oversized microwaves. In 2015, kitchens are becoming stark and sleek, with plenty of natural light. A simple way to get started with this trend is kitchen cabinet refacing, which is a great way to update your kitchen with a whole new look, at a fraction of the price.
Mid-Century-Inspired Living Spaces
Retro-inspired décor is making a comeback, but you don’t want your home to look like a movie set. The key is to mix modern pieces with vintage adornments, for a unique look that’s current but timeless:
- Seek furniture that incorporates wood details, like easy chairs or loungers.
- Source vintage art for an authentic feel of a past era.
- Choose the right lighting to complete a retro-inspired space. Popular vintage reproduction lighting fixtures include geometric pendant lights or brass table lamps.
Say goodbye to plastic coffee pots and tacky picture frames, and welcome aesthetically-pleasing accessories into your home, such as:
- Handmade dinnerware
- Tapestry or wall hangings
- Artisanal coffee equipment like French presses or pour-over cones
- Bar carts, for sleek storage of spirits, condiments, or even snacks
This year’s interior trends pay homage to minimalistic design, with retro-inspired details in every room. If your home could use an update in 2015, consider kitchen remodeling from Pacific Kitchens to start. Cabinet refacing will give your kitchen a whole new look with minimal changes to the existing structure, and at a fraction of the cost. Request a free consultation by calling (858) 277-0701.